Nokia API FAQ
Can I retrieve the user’s history or just future data?
You can retrieve the user’s previous history. In fact we recommend you import at least some previous measurements if they exist right after users link their account, as a way to show the user that the connection is working.
How should I schedule my API calls ?
As much as possible you should avoid scheduling API calls at fixed times, and instead have calls be triggered by the reception of a push Notification.
Can I retrieve air quality data from the Smart Body Analyzer?
Air quality and temperature data from the Smart Body Analyzer are currently not supported
Can I put my API call’s parameter in the header?
No, all parameters must be in the URL.
Is it possible to connect my app to Nokia devices directly in Bluetooth?
No, we do not offer this possibility.
What are the parameters used to generate the oauth signature?
You must always use all parameters to generate the signature.
I'm testing my integration but I'm not receiving notifications
The most common causes for this are:
- Make sure you specify the right Appli parameters when creating your subscriptions
- We test your callback URL when you subscribe for notifications. It must be reachable for POST requests, otherwise the subscription will fail.
I receive constant error 250 - wrong or expired token
Are you sure to use the permanent token for your calls, as opposed to the (temporary) request token?
Can I create a subscription with several "appli" parameters at once?
No, subscription calls can only have one "appli" parameter at a time. You must make several call.
I'm still experiencing some issues, what should I include in my ticket to help you help me ?
Some samples of the full URLs you call that fail to respond appropriately will usually include all the information we need to identify the cause of the issue.
What happens if there is no data available for the timeframe I request, or part of the timeframe (for Activity or Sleep data for instance)?
When there is no data for a given day or interval, the response is empty.
What limitations exists in the requests I can make to the API?
- You may only send up to 60 requests per minute through the API (120 requests for GetIntradayActivity)
- For the services GetActivity and GetSleepSummary, responses can include up to 200 days of data
- For the service GetIntradyActivity, you may only request 24 hours of data per call
- For the service GetSleep, you may only request up to 7 days of data per call